The following is 10 moments worth remembering over the past couple of months. They are listed in chronological order with 1 being the beginning of February... working towards 10 which was today!
1. I won free tickets to watch the Harlem Globe Trotters at Energy Solutions Arena. We enjoyed spending time with both of our parents--though communication was difficult because we had such good seats--near the floor/ speaker...
2. I am in the top 7.5% of my entire BYU class. As such, I was initiated into Phi Kappa Phi as a junior (even though technically I am a senior and this is my last semester of classes... hmmm?). We were sitting near the front of the banquet and we very blessed to be able to get a picture with Pres. & Sis. Samuelson! :D
3. Our stake had a valentine's day dance. Casey left to go look for something at "DI" (ha,ha! But, I honestly thought he was going to find some furniture...). He came home to pick up his princess with a red rose! And just a note, we still have the rose--it was chemically treated and is supposed to last for 2 years.
4. We spent our first Valentines together. We went to church and had dinner with some close friends. And spent a lot of time just cuddling and being grateful to be married! (The cookie was my valentine present to Casey.. it is a math joke. And the amount of love that we have for each other!! <3>
5. We went to a niece's birthday party. It was so much fun to be back on roller skates! I hadn't done that for a while but felt like a little kid again. It was interesting though when we were trying to teach a different young niece how to skate... Casey still has a bad owie on his left leg and every time he picks the scab, I threaten to put a huge sticky band-aid on. ;)
6. After the skating birthday party, we were able to attend Y-Ball! This was a free BYU formal dance for married (or engaged) students. I wore my prom dress from when Casey took me to prom in high school and he wore his matching yellow shirt! It was so much fun and they played "Lucky"!!! :D :D Plus, they had a date night drawing... Casey and I won a basket called Celebration. (BTW: Still waiting for the real pictures to come back... hopefully soon! I'm slightly worried they are lost... :/ )
7. I was awarded a scholarship and by so doing was able to attend a luncheon and then a banquet latter that evening. At the banquet, the key note speaker was Allen Osmond. The scholarship is a HUGE blessing in our unemployable (even after countless applications) lives... the Lord will always provide!
8. I joined the Student Honor Association choir this semester! That was the best decision I have made all semester!! I love singing and being able to feel the spirit and to be involved at BYU. Casey has supported me in this and come to all of the firesides. One time, the choir was short on men and so he stepped up to the plate and tried to sight read as best as he could (and did GREAT!). Because of this, we were able to attend a SHA retreat! That was an amazing spiritual experience that reminded me that I truly am a Child of God! (among being with friends, eating lots of food and playing fusbol!)
9. I came out of the testing center to see "AWESOME!" next to my score! (You have to score above 90%) I desperately wanted to see this at least once while I was at BYU and have been studying A LOT trying to make it happen! I was thrilled to see my progress paid off! :D
10. Casey spoke in Sacrament Meeting and was *amazing*!!! He is such a spiritual giant and I am SO deeply blessed to be married to him! :D