It is ironic how I taught stress management to my 7th grade class today and now I am totally stressed out. My class even went well and the kids were all so very well behaved. Some kids even thanked me for teaching them.... awh!!! But, I guess I need to practice what I preach eh...?
All I have to say is lesson planning equals stress overload!!!!
In case anyone wants to know the 5 stress management techniques that I taught...
1. Eat a healthy diet and exercise regularly (I'm basically failing and scared of the scale right now)
2. Tense and Release (This might help but I don't want to force myself to get even tenser...)
3. Deep Breathing (I can't breathe deep enough for this to be effective I guess because even the deepest of breaths aren't conquering my stress)
4. Mind Vacation (I like this one but it takes way more time than I have to spare.)
5. Laughter (I haven't tried this yet... I guess I just need to hear some good jokes!)