So anyway back to the recipe...
1 can black beans
1 can corn
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can refried beans
All of the cans should be approximately the same size. Open all of the cans but do NOT drain any of them. Stir them all together in a large "dutch oven" size saucepan. Cook until bubbly. Yields: 4 servings (we figure about 1 serving per can)
That is it. The end! So fast, right??? And it is SO CHEAP!
There are so many variations on this soup... (I will list some of our favorites!)
- I normally always add cumin and chili powder. I like it to taste a little more "tacoy."
- I love using flavored (like Italian, Chili Ready, Lime and Cilantro, etc) tomatoes!
- Sometimes (if we are filling rich or because we are starving) I will add a 1 can of (drained) chicken. You could also throw in cooked hamburger if you wanted.
- Tortilla Chips! Great as "crackers" or to use as spoons
- Cheese/ sour cream--who doesn't love a delicious creamy soup?
- Serve with cornbread on the top--Casey says this is a southern favorite.
- If more people are coming over, add extra cans--it doesn't have to be an exact science recipe. You could mix up the proportions.
|The picture is from Healthy Thoughts....|
It looked similar to my recipe--this one for sure has ground beef/ turkey in it though.