The long wait for our Conference edition Ensign is over. Yipee! I love the picture on the outside! I'm sure this picture was taken before Conference began on Sunday morning. The weather was crazy. And it definitely snowed! But it is SO beautiful and so clean! And in the background, I can see one of my favorite buildings ever--the place where I was married to my best friend for all eternity! :)
I decided to read through the opening and closing address given by President Monson today as part of my scripture study. I decided to pay attention what he asks or suggests people to do. If I claim to believe in a living prophet, then I have to know what he is saying. But more than that, I know wonderful blessings come from following the prophet and in order to receive those blessings, I have to know what he asked me to do.
- Continue to be faithful in attending the temple
- Make contributions to the General Missionary Fund of the Church--if you are able (I thought this was really interesting... why would we be asked to start assisting in funding that as a whole. I don't know for sure but I think it is so everyone will want to take a greater interest in it. Personally, I tend to care more about the things where my money is being spent. This is something we are going to have to budget and work on.)
- To be filled with the Spirit and uplifted and inspired while listening to Conference (this means I have to do my part to invite the Spirit into my life!)
- Long remember the messages spoken at General Conference
- Read and study the Ensign (or Liahona) which contains the written words from conference
- Be good citizens in all the nations
- Reach out to others--including those of our faith and not
- Be an example of honesty in all you do
- Be an example of integrity in all that you do
Pres. Monson also promised the "blessings of heaven to be upon you." My favorite thing he said was "We face many challenges in the world today, but I assure you that our Heavenly Father is mindful of us. He loves each of us and will bless us as we seek Him through prayer and strive to keep His commandments." I know it is true! Heavenly Father does love me and He does know the concerns in my life. I know my life is richly blessed when I seek Him through prayer and obey the all the commandments.
I'm excited to study the rest of talks and to compare them with my notes. I love having a living prophet on the earth because I know he will help me and guide me back to Heavenly Father--granted I obey what he says.