I have been attending meetings at least 2-3 times a week this entire month. I'm really looking forward to when those will minimize! These meetings take up all sorts of time. And, to be fair, I am learning and they are needed but still, I have plenty of other things to do.
And slowly, my several page to-do list is being crossed off.
- Make bulletin boards -- check.
- Arrange desks -- check.
- Decorate display case -- almost check. (I just need to print out some labels!)
- Learn how to log in to my computer, use gradebook, check my e-mail -- check, check, check.
- Clean my room. Throw away cupboards FILLED with stuff from the old teacher. Make room for me. -- check (although this will probably be a work in progress.)
- Make Scope and Sequences -- check.
- Work on lesson plans -- check, for at least the first couple of days.
- Learn how to use my printer, copy all of my disclosures and worksheets, go shopping for needed supplies, lesson plan for longer than a couple of days, make seating charts, order things from the district, color code my aprons/ kitchen lab, finish my display case, continue dejunking my rooms, sign up for insurance, ETC. -- UNCHECK. There is still SO much to do! But the kiddos will come whether my list is complete or not though. So here is to making the best of the situation with my unchecked list. :)
On the up note. I did win a free i-pod at one of my long teacher meetings. That was pretty sweet! It is currently in the process of being "refurbished" though so hopefully it will be usable. Who knows. It may never even turn on. But it still felt cool winning.