It has been a while since I written much. Here are a few brief tidbits...
1. We still don't know what is going on with our (hopeful) house. We keep being told by Friday. And then the week after again we are told by Friday. Friday continues to come and go. Passing week by week with no answers. We do know that the bank has reviewed our offer. And they are sending a package to the seller's agent through the postal service. There is no way to know if this is a good or bad sign. So as of currently, we are waiting for the mail. Slightly annoying that we have submitted everything electronically and then we have to wait for the horse and buggy method for a response. But hopefully sometime next week.
2. I'm so nervous for the package to finally come. We have been praying and praying. And praying some more. I keep reminding myself that we were prompted to start this whole process. And Heavenly Father loves us and cares for us. Somehow everything will work out. How? I have no clue right now. I'm sure praying that we were not guided this far just to have it be a learning experience.
3. I'm already planning how to start packing and where to stack boxes in our apartment. Books first. Then blankets, games, DVDs, crafts, dishes that we can live without, etc. Pack everything first that we can live without. And slowly work to the more needed items. But. We are not under contract yet. I'm waiting to start packing until we know we are moving.
4. Casey asks me when he comes home from work what I did all day. The answer is normally the same. I played with Devin. We stacked blocks and practiced walking. I'm currently teaching him how to put things in and out of containers. (This also includes learning the clean up song.) We practice walking some more. I teach him how put ring toys on a cylinder and the words on and off. We spend a lot of time in the kitchen. He can now drink from a sippy cup himself. And he wants to learn to feed himself with a spoon. He and I hold the spoon together. Devin then puts a Cheerio on it. Then we guide the spoon to his mouth while balancing the cereal. It's a long process at the kitchen table.
5. Both knees are still fairly sore. I wear my braces. That helps some until it gets super bunchy on the back of each leg. It is an improvement though! So we will just keep praying for slow but steady healing. I'm changing my dream to run. Instead I am going to start swimming again. (I was on swim team my entire childhood!)
6. We just submitted our taxes!! Whoooo! :) And we are so blessed to get a huge refund because of having a baby, being a teacher, and living on one income!! A much needed tender mercy! :)
7. I absolutely love being a stay at home mommy!! Devin makes me laugh and brings so much joy to both our lives. I'm grateful I can spend all my time with him. And that is the reason I have not written a post for awhile or checked my facebook often. Devin needs a mommy --a boo-boo kisser, a car chaser, a tickle monster-- mommy. And I wouldn't have it any other way!!