- Casey and I both had teeth cleanings/ x-rays. I can't remember how many years for Casey and probably at least a full year for myself since the last teeth cleaning. We had to wait for our insurance to be effective. Amazingly enough, neither of us had any cavities. This was not a shock for Casey because he has strong teeth and healthy enamel. We are praying our kids will inherit his teeth! Mine on the other hand are genetically weak and no amount of brushing will help.
- We were able to attend our stake's annual Fall Ball. The theme was "Under the Sea" and it was so much fun to go to a dance again. We didn't end up dancing very much but rather talking to some of our dear friends. It was a wonderful date night!
- Casey had Veterans Day off as a paid holiday. I think it became my favorite Veterans Day yet because it was the first time that either of us have ever had that day off, let alone off and paid!
- I had my 6 week postpartum check up with my OB doctor. Postpartum is going pretty well physically. Not so hot on the diet/ loose baby weight (plus more). Emotionally it is hard as I feel like I can't get enough things done.
- We were able to attend two high school plays--Cinderella and Fiddler on the Roof. Both were excellent and much needed date nights. Two little loves sure brings a whole new level of longing for it to be date night again. Fiddler brought back some vivid memories of when I played Golde in junior high and Casey was on stage crew. We spent a lot of time together during rehearsals!!
- I started teaching Devin tot school. It was the first time I let him paint or use dot markers. He is definitely learning so quickly. Some days I feel like I am more successful at this than others because I don't want to spend the time teaching. But Devin loves it and I know it is good for him to have some personal mommy attention and tot school is a great way to do that.
- It is hard to believe that we celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary! In some ways it seems like we have been married so way longer than that. So much has happened and yet in other ways, it seems like there is no way that it could possible even be five years.
- Heidi's doctor called the day before Thanksgiving just to check on her. She was released from isolation at that point. We are now in seclusion but at least she can go out--just not really touched by others. She is COMPLETELY off her oxygen!! :D
(The following pictures are NOT in chronological order for the month. They are in how ever blogger decided to arrange them and I don't feel like fighting with it.)
Heidi's First Thanksgiving!! 5 Year Wedding Anniversary.
We went to Michalengelo's--LOVE their bread.
Casey gave me a rice cooker and salt/pepper shakers.
I gave him some tie racks.
(And Devin loves to make sure that Heidi has toys in her crib to play with....)
Heidi loves playing with her jungle gym.
So does Elmo.
Missy Moo the little cuddle bug
Setting up our Christmas tree!
Fall Ball and watching Fiddler
with her great grandmother and also casey's mom
I LOVE my boys in suits!!! :D
ignore the blurriness and not so great of quality.
I love us together.