I can't imagine my life without Casey and I'm SO grateful I don't have to!! I have learned a lot in the past 18 months though and thought I would share some of my insights.
- The dishes don't do themselves. When you live in a student apartment without a dishwasher, someone has to actually spend time washing the dishes. It is way easier if you keep up with it instead of letting the dirty ones pile up.
- Somethings are better left unspoken. Tell a private journal if you have to vent.
- You don't always have to be right and even when you are, is it really worth the fight to prove it?
- We are meant to be equal, not the same!
- He eats more than I do. If I eat the same amount, I gain weight and he stays skinny.
- Life is not so much about compromising but about finding a solution that both people are happy with.
- Doing chores are so much more enjoyable when you are working together.
- Shoot, doing anything is so much better when we are together.
- Make time for the little things because they really are the big things!
- Figure out your spouses love language and then learn to speak it.
- Trust your spouse with all of your secrets. Talk about everything.
- Say I'm sorry often.
- Make time for the two of you on a daily basis. The world is brutal. I need daily time with my sweetheart to face it.
- Let him open your door.
- Never stop acting like a newlywed!!! Kiss at stop lights. Hold hands everywhere you go. Say "I Love You" more times than you can count each day.
Results: one happy hubby and one "wuving" wife equals one marvelous marriage!